Monday, September 9, 2013

Grama's Cookies




Ok, so I am kinda new to the blogging scene. I toodle around on Pinterest and view and repin great recipes that I would like to try and read through everyone's stories then find the recipe at the bottom or squeezed somewhere in the middle. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy everyone's stories. I am just not a writer or story teller. My life is kinda of boring. But I can add a few quips here and there about what I am post photos of or from where I got the recipe. Most of the recipes I am going to start out with were in a notebook that was my grandmother's. Some of these may have come from cookbooks, magazines, or the backs of boxes, I'm not sure, otherwise I would give credit where credit is due. The woman obviously liked sugar and anything with the ability to clog your arteries :) but they taste so good. 

So here goes, these are grama's chocolate chip cookies.

(oh, and like with most all of her recipes... there are no instructions, or not many anyway)

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mix
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla


Add
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup nuts
2 packages (6oz each) chocolate chips


Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes

Of course you can get a little wild and crazy and switch out the chocolate chip with other flavors.
My favorite is Nestle Tollhouse Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Chips.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment