Friday, September 27, 2013

Ambrosia Fruit Cake


Ambrosia : (from dictionary.com)
1.the food of the gods.
2. something especially delicious to taste or smell.
3. a fruit dessert made of oranges and shredded coconut and sometimes pineapple.


I was in a mood today. I thought it was a cake mood. Nope, not it. but I made this little gem. This of course if another one of Grandma's recipes, she never fails :) 
There was no recipe for icing or glaze with it, so I decided to browse through Pinterest a bit and came across this, Lemon Icing Glaze over at The Kitchen Magpie. Yummy!

Try them both you'll like it.

I did make one substitution, but only because once I had everything out and ready to go I didn't want to stop and go to the store. I didn't have any all purpose flour, so I used whole wheat flour. I don't know if it really changed the taste that much because I have never made this before today. But still Yummy!


Ambrosia Fruit Cake

3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs
1 – 8oz pineapple with juice

Any to equal 4 cups:
Fresh fruit
1 cup nuts
1 cup coconut
2 cups chopped banana

Grease tube or bunt pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour 30 minutes. Cool before removing from pan

No comments:

Post a Comment